Skip to main content

Thanksgiving 2008

Pelona and Mom (aka Nana Norma and most recently Granny)
The Romo Family

Me with Buddy ( I hate pictures!)


Oscar and Ana

Wendy and Fernie (parents to Justin, Nicholas and Alyssa)

Maribel, Fernando, Nachito, Nicholas, and Justin


De and Kassandra (aka Kai Kai)
Nicheli and Hector (parents of Alessandra)

Alyssa, Alessandra and Devon (aka "The Munchkins")

Gaby and Sylvia (aka Gabbers another munchkin and Nana Bambo)

Mr. and Mrs. Warga
Jose and Johanna

Maribel, Fernie and Sal (aka Buddy)

Ana and Nubia

Gloria (aka Pelona) and Hayde (aka De) also mother to Devon

One more holiday come and gone. Why, why does time go so fast? Just last week I was stressing out about cooking for so many people. It was Tuesday, and had yet to go to the grocery store. So typical of me, save everything for the last minute. I am sure that most who know me, are not surprised by this fact. You still love me....right? Thankfully, this year I had all my family at this blessed holiday. My mom, my two sisters and their families. It's times like this, that I realize just how small my immediate family is. Even though it has been 11 years, I still can't help but miss my "papi". It was always an interesting holiday with him. He really enjoyed Thanksgiving. It saddens me that he never really met Kassie and Nachito. Nachito, however, is just like him in so many ways. I can't quite comprehend it. Just this weekend I kept finding plates with the crust of pumpkin pie, no filling, just the crust sitting there waiting to be thrown away. This was something that my dad did all the time. He loved the filling, but not the crust. As does Nachito. My mom was so happy to for the first time, in a long time, to have us all together. She requested a photo, and we after much thought, granted it. I hate pictures of myself. It's that dang baby weight that I can't seem to get rid of. OOps, nevermind, he is nine : 0 I have no excuse.

Buddy was also lucky enough to have his family with him on this holiday. It was nice to have both families in one house, and even better, we all get along. The cousins did some bonding, and the little munchkins of the family dominated the conversations. Three little princess's and one little prince. Thank you Alyssa, Gaby, Alessandra, and Devon for keeping us entertained all night. We had some extras as well. Mr. and Mrs. Warga, my sister-in-law Wendy's parents. They moved here from Florida a few years ago, and they have happily attended our crazy holiday reunions. They are family now. Also, Jose and Johanna co-workers of Fernie who have gladly attended our Thanksgiving dinners for a few years now. Their family lives far away and we thank them for allowing us to be a surragate family to them.

I think the food was good, I hope the food was good. Henry the ??? oh, I can't keep track anymore was delish. (Henry is our nickname for our Turkey every year) And thank you all for the extras that were brought. And Wendy.....thank you for going to Marie Calendars, I'm sorry that I am so OCD. Thank you all for coming to our humble home for a great family reunion, hopefully you enjoyed it as much as we enjoyed having you. Please, next year again??? We would love it. Hope you enjoy the pictures.

Love Always,
Me
oh, and by the way....Air Hockey table still in living room, hopefully by Christmas? Huh Buddy?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

vous êtes conviés

Here are pictures of the invitations for Kassie's 13th Birthday party. I had so much fun making them. Hum...maybe because I used my three favorite colors, maybe because I like to make invitations, or maybe it's just because I LOVE to plan parties. Either way, here is a sneak peak. Sorry the pictures are so bad, my camera is dead and I used my phone.

Good things come to those who wait...

I was having one of those bad Mondays. One of those Mondays when everything seems to be going wrong. 1. Our phones at the office are not working. 2. Statements went out over the weekend and angry patients are calling to complain. 3. My coffee got cold and I had to throw it away, and now I have a caffeine headache. 4. My cell phone has been tied up all day because I'm having our calls forwarded to it. (good thing for rollover minutes). 5. My boss has just added two more things to my darker pink "TODO" notebook. And just as I was about to roll up in a ball and hide under my desk, I got this e-mail. Dear Kindle Customer, Today, we introduced Kindle 2, the next generation of our wireless reading device. Because you already ordered the original Kindle and are awaiting its arrival, we're pleased to inform you that we are upgrading your order so that you will receive the new Kindle 2. You will be in the first group to receive Kindle 2, and you will receive yours as soon as K

Where do I begin???

After a long absence from my blog, I am finally sitting down to post. So much has happened in the past month that I honestly don't know where to begin. December 23, 2009 turned my world upside down. My mom suffered a minor heart attack, and was taken by ambulance to Chandler Regional Hospital. When I arrived, she was in good shape, and she was talking. They ordered a CT Scan of her chest. When she got back to the ER from her test, every thing that could have gone wrong, did. She suffered another heart attack, this one was much worse. She was in-tubated and things were not looking very good for her. The next few days were spent waiting for tests to be run, consulting with Dr.s and praying. A lot of praying. We were finally told that she would need to undergo a quadruple bypass. There was a problem with that, because she was in critical condition. Her kidneys were failing, her blood pressure was to high, as was her blood sugar. And, she was to weak. The surgeon said that we would