Skip to main content

4th of July and 4 more days....


Happy 4th of July!!!

Four more days, and we will be in the city. Another place I like to go to in NYC is Greenwich Village, also known as The Village. The first time I went to Greenwich Village, I was with Buddy. I was in a quest for one thing. And what do you think that one thing might be? A cupcake of course. I wanted a cupcake from Magnolia Bakery. I had read about them in every magazine. Carrie Bradshaw and the gang always talked about cupcakes from Magnolia Bakery, so naturally I had to have one too.

Buddy and I set out on my quest. We looked at our Subway map, and somehow took the wrong train. When we exited, we were in the area, but still blocks and blocks away from the bakery. It actually ended up being a good thing. We stopped at this real cool restaurant, that from the outside looked like a garage, but the inside was beautiful. We sat and people watched for a while, had a few drinks. We then started out for our looonnngg walk. It was nice, we really got to see so much of the Village. They have cute vintage stores, art stores, restaurants with outside dining.

We walked by NYU's campus. Semi interested, well because neither one of us had any intentions of going back to school. Little did we know that our then 8 year old daughter would one day tell us that she wanted to move to NYC and go to NYU. She still says that she's going to do it. I'm not so sure about NYU though. This, we can wait and see. I'm having enough anxiety thinking about her turning 13, to start worrying about her going off to college.

As we kept walking and walking I really started to enjoy this area. I thought, wow, here I could live. It's still very "city" like, but also more residential. People walking dogs, trees every where. Friendly people. I really, really liked it. We finally approached our destination. I was minutes from my long awaited cupcake. Oh no, a line. Yes, there was a line to the bakery that turned around the corner. Maybe I wasn't that close to my cupcake. We waited and as we got in front of the window, those cupcakes were disappearing fast. People were buying them by the boxes. I started to think, did I fly all the way to NYC to have a Magnolia cupcake and not get one? Oh no...I finally did get my cupcake, and can I just say, they did not disappoint. Now, they have cupcake bakeries all over NY, even Magnolia has two more locations but I still go back to Magnolia in Greenwich. So, in four days, give or take a few. I will be enjoying these:


I can't wait. If you want to read a little about Greenwich Village, you know the drill, click here. Or maybe you want to know more about Magnolia Bakery, if you do...click here.

So, even though it was a treck to the Bakery that day. Buddy, was as patient as always. He didn't complain once about my obsession with wanting this cupcake so bad. And, on our way back we found an outdoor Mexican restaurant. We sat there for hours and talked, people watched again and had the best night. To this day, I remember it. That trip was for our 11th Anniversary.

Comments

Wanda said…
I just love how you're documenting your past travels and setting up for your soon to be trip. I'm living vicariously now.

My twin sister lived in NY city for years.I missd it!

I'll be following your trip.

:)
Wanda (At Last...)
Carlito86 said…
I hope you enjoy your cupcakes! Can you send me a virtual one? ;) x
Anonymous said…
Those cupcakes look good! Hey, I tagged you on my blog, just so you know :)

Popular posts from this blog

vous êtes conviés

Here are pictures of the invitations for Kassie's 13th Birthday party. I had so much fun making them. Hum...maybe because I used my three favorite colors, maybe because I like to make invitations, or maybe it's just because I LOVE to plan parties. Either way, here is a sneak peak. Sorry the pictures are so bad, my camera is dead and I used my phone.

Good things come to those who wait...

I was having one of those bad Mondays. One of those Mondays when everything seems to be going wrong. 1. Our phones at the office are not working. 2. Statements went out over the weekend and angry patients are calling to complain. 3. My coffee got cold and I had to throw it away, and now I have a caffeine headache. 4. My cell phone has been tied up all day because I'm having our calls forwarded to it. (good thing for rollover minutes). 5. My boss has just added two more things to my darker pink "TODO" notebook. And just as I was about to roll up in a ball and hide under my desk, I got this e-mail. Dear Kindle Customer, Today, we introduced Kindle 2, the next generation of our wireless reading device. Because you already ordered the original Kindle and are awaiting its arrival, we're pleased to inform you that we are upgrading your order so that you will receive the new Kindle 2. You will be in the first group to receive Kindle 2, and you will receive yours as soon as K

Where do I begin???

After a long absence from my blog, I am finally sitting down to post. So much has happened in the past month that I honestly don't know where to begin. December 23, 2009 turned my world upside down. My mom suffered a minor heart attack, and was taken by ambulance to Chandler Regional Hospital. When I arrived, she was in good shape, and she was talking. They ordered a CT Scan of her chest. When she got back to the ER from her test, every thing that could have gone wrong, did. She suffered another heart attack, this one was much worse. She was in-tubated and things were not looking very good for her. The next few days were spent waiting for tests to be run, consulting with Dr.s and praying. A lot of praying. We were finally told that she would need to undergo a quadruple bypass. There was a problem with that, because she was in critical condition. Her kidneys were failing, her blood pressure was to high, as was her blood sugar. And, she was to weak. The surgeon said that we would