Skip to main content

Flashback Friday

Nachito's 3rd Birthday
November 2002
Jeepers
Nachito's 3rd birthday was met with sadness. Initially his birthday party was scheduled on November 9, 2002. His birthday is actually November 8th. At around one o'clock in the morning of the ninth, I received a call from my mom that my grandmother had been taken to the hospital by ambulance. They were scheduled to leave Douglas a few hours later and come to Tempe to celebrate Nachito's birthday.
That night, Nachito had not slept a wink. He was restless and he was fussy. I was up watching t.v and trying to get him to bed. When the phone rang, I answered immediately. My heart dropped. It was a phone call that I did not want. My mom was crying and in my heart, I knew that the next phone call would not be any better. And just as I feared, when the phone rang again two hours later it was what I thought. My beloved grandmother had passed away. I was devastated. I hated the fact that I had not seen her for two weeks. I hated that I lived so far away and I couldn't be there immediately.
As soon as the sun came up, we were ready and packed for Douglas. On our way there, I had to call Jeepers and cancel the party. I tried to reach as many people as possible to let them know that the party had been cancelled. We arrived in Douglas and the next few days were just as bad as when my dad had passed. We were practically raised by our grandmother. My parents built their house in back of hers. We were there every single day. One of these days, I will dedicate a post just to her because she deserves a lot more than just a little snippet on a Flashback Friday about Nachito's birthday.


As sad as we all were, my sisters and mom did manage to at least get Nachito a cake so that he could blow out his candles. He was three, he knew no different. He was happy with his little cake on the eve of my grandmothers funeral.
After a few weeks passed, I re-scheduled his party at Jeepers. His theme that year was Scooby Doo. And just like now, he sets his mind on something and no one can change it. He insisted on it being at Jeepers again.
The following pictures were taken by Buddy on this day. I guess it was important to him to document how bratty our kids were behaving on this day. It was embarrassing. I really can't explain why on this particular day, both of our children were two seconds from time outs. And I have the pictures to prove it.

He seems fine right here.....
and here to.

Then something is starting to happen about here. Kai is not a happy camper. She was grouchy.
He is smiling and his two cousins are in good spirits. Kai has her head down and is being BRATTY!!


Buddy makes her move out of the pictures. She still puts her head down. We start to sing Happy Birthday and the Birthday boy does this.............
GRRREEAATTT. Now I have two grouchy kids. Who are their parents anyways? Have you ever just wanted to hide your head like an ostrich because your parenting skills are challenged like this?



Next weeks theme: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles at Makutu's Island

Comments

More Than Words said…
I would love to read a story about your grandma! From what I can tell, you have a very close knit family!!

Oh.and LOL about the pictures of your kids! Sometimes they just get in those "moods". It feels embarrassing, but other parents totally understand!

K..I'm linking you up! LOL
GREAT birthday pictures and by the way, kids misbehaving for the world to see...been there done that!! It's cute to us though when it's other people's kids!! ha ha Have a good weekend ~ ♥
Sounds like it was a rough day. :-S Nachito was blessed to get his cake though, and it was great that even while having to mourn the loss of what sounds like a great person, you all got to celebrate the life of Nachito! :-)

The pictures of the sassiness are priceless too!

Thanks for sharing!

Popular posts from this blog

vous êtes conviés

Here are pictures of the invitations for Kassie's 13th Birthday party. I had so much fun making them. Hum...maybe because I used my three favorite colors, maybe because I like to make invitations, or maybe it's just because I LOVE to plan parties. Either way, here is a sneak peak. Sorry the pictures are so bad, my camera is dead and I used my phone.

Good things come to those who wait...

I was having one of those bad Mondays. One of those Mondays when everything seems to be going wrong. 1. Our phones at the office are not working. 2. Statements went out over the weekend and angry patients are calling to complain. 3. My coffee got cold and I had to throw it away, and now I have a caffeine headache. 4. My cell phone has been tied up all day because I'm having our calls forwarded to it. (good thing for rollover minutes). 5. My boss has just added two more things to my darker pink "TODO" notebook. And just as I was about to roll up in a ball and hide under my desk, I got this e-mail. Dear Kindle Customer, Today, we introduced Kindle 2, the next generation of our wireless reading device. Because you already ordered the original Kindle and are awaiting its arrival, we're pleased to inform you that we are upgrading your order so that you will receive the new Kindle 2. You will be in the first group to receive Kindle 2, and you will receive yours as soon as K

Where do I begin???

After a long absence from my blog, I am finally sitting down to post. So much has happened in the past month that I honestly don't know where to begin. December 23, 2009 turned my world upside down. My mom suffered a minor heart attack, and was taken by ambulance to Chandler Regional Hospital. When I arrived, she was in good shape, and she was talking. They ordered a CT Scan of her chest. When she got back to the ER from her test, every thing that could have gone wrong, did. She suffered another heart attack, this one was much worse. She was in-tubated and things were not looking very good for her. The next few days were spent waiting for tests to be run, consulting with Dr.s and praying. A lot of praying. We were finally told that she would need to undergo a quadruple bypass. There was a problem with that, because she was in critical condition. Her kidneys were failing, her blood pressure was to high, as was her blood sugar. And, she was to weak. The surgeon said that we would