Skip to main content

Christmas Wish


When I first moved to the Phoenix area, I needed to find a new radio station to listen to in the mornings. 104.7 ended up being my station of choice. My morning commute was fast and funny because at the time Kid and Ruben did the talk radio part of the morning show. I listened to them daily. After some unfortunate circumstances, they were no longer on the radio. They were replaced by Johnjay and Rich. It was a little hard to get used to, but I listened and I eventually kept listening. Then, new spread that Kid and Ruben were on another radio station. I had to switch over because I'm faithful that way. I missed Johnjay and Rich, but I couldn't make myself switch back. I needed to be faithful to the original morning talk radio hosts that I had heard. Believe it or not, Douglas does not have talk radio.........go figure. Then, just like that, they were off the air again. What was I to do? I switched back to Johnjay and Rich of course.


Every year 104.7 has a special program called Christmas Wish that they do. Kid and Ruben did it also. I have listened to it year after year. People write in letters for someone that they know that are in need for some help during the Holiday season. The chosen letters are read on the radio by the letter writer, while the recipient is listening on the phone. Then, they grant Christmas wishes. Every year, it touches my heart. Just when I think that I'm having a bad morning, or a bad week, I listen to this radio program and put things in perspective. This year has been no different. The past two days, I have cried and shown up to work with red, swollen eyes, and no mascara left. Two single moms trying to make ends meet. One sleeping in her car, or at friends while she got a new apartment. Her son wearing her shoes to school because she couldn't buy him any. Never missing a day of work and trying her hardest to keep a roof over their head. Another one with four kids, cleaning office buildings and homes, making food to sell. She just moved into an apartment from a shelter. She couldn't even sleep at night because her rent was due and she only had $22 to her name. Praying to not be evicted and have to move again. Both of whom when called with the news that they had been chosen to receive these gifts cried and thanked them so much. Both with their broken English managed to say God Bless you and wished them a Merry Christmas. One had never had a Christmas tree, the other didn't have diapers for her baby. It's all so sad.


This morning, I made a donation to Johnjay and Rich's Christmas Wish. It was the least I could do. Today I'm going to talk to Dr. Fiel and ask if he could make a donation as well. We always adopt a family at Fiel Family & Sports medicine, this would just be a little extra. If you are interested in donating to Johnjay and Rich's Christmas Wish, please click here. They don't ask for much. They also have shopping bags for sale at all Fry's stores for $5. All of the proceeds go to Christmas Wish.


Tonight, when I put my kids to bed in their warm beds and warm pajamas, I will say a special prayer for all of the families out there that are in need. And, I will thank God for all of the blessings that I have in my life. It's circumstances like these that make you realize that some things just aren't as important. God Bless.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

vous êtes conviés

Here are pictures of the invitations for Kassie's 13th Birthday party. I had so much fun making them. Hum...maybe because I used my three favorite colors, maybe because I like to make invitations, or maybe it's just because I LOVE to plan parties. Either way, here is a sneak peak. Sorry the pictures are so bad, my camera is dead and I used my phone.

Good things come to those who wait...

I was having one of those bad Mondays. One of those Mondays when everything seems to be going wrong. 1. Our phones at the office are not working. 2. Statements went out over the weekend and angry patients are calling to complain. 3. My coffee got cold and I had to throw it away, and now I have a caffeine headache. 4. My cell phone has been tied up all day because I'm having our calls forwarded to it. (good thing for rollover minutes). 5. My boss has just added two more things to my darker pink "TODO" notebook. And just as I was about to roll up in a ball and hide under my desk, I got this e-mail. Dear Kindle Customer, Today, we introduced Kindle 2, the next generation of our wireless reading device. Because you already ordered the original Kindle and are awaiting its arrival, we're pleased to inform you that we are upgrading your order so that you will receive the new Kindle 2. You will be in the first group to receive Kindle 2, and you will receive yours as soon as K

Where do I begin???

After a long absence from my blog, I am finally sitting down to post. So much has happened in the past month that I honestly don't know where to begin. December 23, 2009 turned my world upside down. My mom suffered a minor heart attack, and was taken by ambulance to Chandler Regional Hospital. When I arrived, she was in good shape, and she was talking. They ordered a CT Scan of her chest. When she got back to the ER from her test, every thing that could have gone wrong, did. She suffered another heart attack, this one was much worse. She was in-tubated and things were not looking very good for her. The next few days were spent waiting for tests to be run, consulting with Dr.s and praying. A lot of praying. We were finally told that she would need to undergo a quadruple bypass. There was a problem with that, because she was in critical condition. Her kidneys were failing, her blood pressure was to high, as was her blood sugar. And, she was to weak. The surgeon said that we would