Skip to main content

First Formal Dance

Back in August when Kai started talking about her 8th grade formal, I could never have imagined what a big deal it was going to be. Then January came and the talk of dresses and shoes started. I noticed that her friends were having the same conversations on FB. She would look through websites and magazines. She went back and forth on dresses, but one Sunday she found the dress of her dreams. My friend was with us, and she convinced her to try it on. She did, and she fell in love.

I had already ordered her the dress she thought was the one. So I did not let her buy it. She talked to Buddy about it, and he thought about it. Then my friend called Buddy and convinced him that she had to have the dress. Kai in the mean time had started to gather yard sale items from her room and around the house. She asked Buddy to help her with a yard sale so that she could use the money to buy this dress.

The following week, I went and bought the dress. I came home and hid it in an old suitcase. Buddy wanted her to keep planning the yard sale and learn a little about making money to buy something that you really want. The problem was when to have this yard sale? She is so busy on weekends. She did a real good job sorting through old clothes and shoes. She put them on a rolling rack by sizes and styles. She really, really wanted this dress.

Finally on Easter morning, Buddy and I hung the dress in her closet. I had bought her earrings and a bracelet to go with the dress. She was so excited!

This last week we went shoe shopping and found a very pretty pair of black shoes, and a black clutch.

On Friday afternoon, I did her make-up and hair. She also had four of her friends come over so that I could do their make-up too. Buddy set up a snack bar, and they just relaxed and waited to get ready. They all looked so pretty.








It took longer to get so many of them ready, that they missed the group pictures with a professional photographer. We had to take them straight to the restaurant. Here are some pictures that I snuck on the day of the dance. Yes, I was THAT mom that snuck into the dance for pictures. They were all very good sports about it.





Here are some pictures that I was able to take at the restaurant. They went to The Vine right down the street from the school.




They had so much fun! I was a little sad because it means that my little girl is not so little anymore, but at the same time, I love all of the fun yet to be had. So many more dances to shop for and have with.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Neisha,

How you doing my friend? It's been a long time...too long! I dropped in to your site and saw how beautiful Kai looked for her dance! Congratulations! You and Sal are raising a beautiful young lady!!!

Also saw that Sal's Birthday is coming up! The Big 4-0!!! Please tell him I said hi and I hope he enjoys his awesome party! I hope you post pics. I would love to see them!

xoxo

Elda

Popular posts from this blog

vous êtes conviés

Here are pictures of the invitations for Kassie's 13th Birthday party. I had so much fun making them. Hum...maybe because I used my three favorite colors, maybe because I like to make invitations, or maybe it's just because I LOVE to plan parties. Either way, here is a sneak peak. Sorry the pictures are so bad, my camera is dead and I used my phone.

Good things come to those who wait...

I was having one of those bad Mondays. One of those Mondays when everything seems to be going wrong. 1. Our phones at the office are not working. 2. Statements went out over the weekend and angry patients are calling to complain. 3. My coffee got cold and I had to throw it away, and now I have a caffeine headache. 4. My cell phone has been tied up all day because I'm having our calls forwarded to it. (good thing for rollover minutes). 5. My boss has just added two more things to my darker pink "TODO" notebook. And just as I was about to roll up in a ball and hide under my desk, I got this e-mail. Dear Kindle Customer, Today, we introduced Kindle 2, the next generation of our wireless reading device. Because you already ordered the original Kindle and are awaiting its arrival, we're pleased to inform you that we are upgrading your order so that you will receive the new Kindle 2. You will be in the first group to receive Kindle 2, and you will receive yours as soon as K

Where do I begin???

After a long absence from my blog, I am finally sitting down to post. So much has happened in the past month that I honestly don't know where to begin. December 23, 2009 turned my world upside down. My mom suffered a minor heart attack, and was taken by ambulance to Chandler Regional Hospital. When I arrived, she was in good shape, and she was talking. They ordered a CT Scan of her chest. When she got back to the ER from her test, every thing that could have gone wrong, did. She suffered another heart attack, this one was much worse. She was in-tubated and things were not looking very good for her. The next few days were spent waiting for tests to be run, consulting with Dr.s and praying. A lot of praying. We were finally told that she would need to undergo a quadruple bypass. There was a problem with that, because she was in critical condition. Her kidneys were failing, her blood pressure was to high, as was her blood sugar. And, she was to weak. The surgeon said that we would