Skip to main content

Routine, structure, patience and most importantly forgiveness...

I've come to the conclusion, that I need routine and structure in my life. At the present time, and probably for the past few years my brain has known nothing of the sort. I used to be OK with this, but more recently I'm just not OK with it. At times I have joked about how chaotic our lives are. I guess I have come to the realization that it is not funny anymore. For the sake of my family and friends, I need to find some structure and establish a routine.


I have all the technology needed to help me organize myself, yet I don't find the time to use it. How ridiculous is that? Is it that my brain is on overload? Probably, but whose isn't? I am not the only working mother in this world, and yet that is always my excuse. Enough of that. Enough of trying to make excuses for myself. I need to just get it together.



Life is just to short to stress about the unimportant aspects of life. It seems like everyday God is sending me signs. For the past few weeks, things have just happened that have made me reflect about life. Not just my life, but life in general. First, my uncle was hospitalized. Every time my mom called, I feared that the phone call would bring sad news. Thankfully he is much better now. I continue to pray that he recovers fully and that he is able to spend more time with the family that loves him.


Then, a family feud ensued within my own small family. I can not even describe how sad it makes me. My mom has three daughters, four granddaughters, one grandson, two great grandchildren and two son in laws. And that is it. I only pray that things get better, we are such a small family. I can not and will not choose sides. I love you both so very much, I love my nieces all so much too. Please, look past everything and forgive and forget.


And if that was not enough, my friend Holly's daughter went in for a tonsillectomy. A very common surgery and due to complications hemorrhaged twice. I saw this poor little girl fight for her life twice. The second time we were driving her to her doctors office because she was having a little bleeding. From one second to the next, she started throwing up so much blood. I have never been through something like that. It's an image that I can not get out of my head. I panicked, and then I just prayed and prayed that she would be OK. Thankfully, she is now home and getting her spunk back.



While she was in the hospital, we learned that a dance dad was diagnosed with cancer. I felt an enormous amount of sadness for this family. I pray that he will be treated and that he will be healthy once again.



This is when realization hit me. Has stuff like this been going on around me all this time? Yes, of course it has. Maybe not so close to me, but it has. Have I been so self absorbed to notice? Yes, I have. Have I been living behind my own four walls and not paying attention? Obviously.



Last night I was talking to my dance mom friends and the topic of death came up, I had to walk away, it was all to real for me. I came home and checked my FB like I usually do and some of my other friends were on the same topic. Was it a sign? Probably not, but it was enough to make me want to stop and smell the roses. To not be so self absorbed and to not be so judgemental. To try and keep a positive outlook on life. To rid myself of ugly people with ugly intentions. And to not be one of those ugly people. Gone are the "frienemies". How I continue to let people like that into my life, I'll never understand.

I don't believe there is such a thing as "a perfect person". I believe that we all make mistakes. Sometimes we learn from them, sometimes we don't. God knows, I have made mistakes. Probably more than I should have. To this day I am learning. I am trying to be a better wife, mother, daughter, sister and friend. I will continue to try. I will continue to make mistakes. And when I do, I know that the people that truly love me, will forgive me. Just like I forgive them. And if they don't, then they were never truly there to begin with.

I know that I cannot change overnight. This will be a work in progress. Every little step helps. So, when I have my "ugly" moments, please don't be shy to point them out. And Buddy, that means you too. Although, you've never been too shy to point them out. : )

Comments

Erica said…
VERY well put Neisha. Sometimes it takes a little kick in the butt to get us going...but hopefully you are on the right path to making your life easier and better, for the better!!

Who needs all that drama in their life anyway with frienemies? I put those to rest long ago and if you do the same you will relieve even the slightest bit of stress they caused you!

Good luck girly!
Take care! :)

Your friend, Erica
More Than Words said…
Hi Neisha! It's good when we realize changes that need to be made in our lives!! It's never too late!!

And even though we can't control the way other people behave, or react to things, we can control ourselves, and the way we handle situations. Even if the other person is unforgiving, that is between them and the Lord. We always want to check our hearts and make sure we are in tune with God!!
Jaime G. Fryer said…
Thanks Neisha! I needed to read this post and reflect on a few things in my life. Hang in there!

Popular posts from this blog

vous êtes conviés

Here are pictures of the invitations for Kassie's 13th Birthday party. I had so much fun making them. Hum...maybe because I used my three favorite colors, maybe because I like to make invitations, or maybe it's just because I LOVE to plan parties. Either way, here is a sneak peak. Sorry the pictures are so bad, my camera is dead and I used my phone.

Good things come to those who wait...

I was having one of those bad Mondays. One of those Mondays when everything seems to be going wrong. 1. Our phones at the office are not working. 2. Statements went out over the weekend and angry patients are calling to complain. 3. My coffee got cold and I had to throw it away, and now I have a caffeine headache. 4. My cell phone has been tied up all day because I'm having our calls forwarded to it. (good thing for rollover minutes). 5. My boss has just added two more things to my darker pink "TODO" notebook. And just as I was about to roll up in a ball and hide under my desk, I got this e-mail. Dear Kindle Customer, Today, we introduced Kindle 2, the next generation of our wireless reading device. Because you already ordered the original Kindle and are awaiting its arrival, we're pleased to inform you that we are upgrading your order so that you will receive the new Kindle 2. You will be in the first group to receive Kindle 2, and you will receive yours as soon as K

Where do I begin???

After a long absence from my blog, I am finally sitting down to post. So much has happened in the past month that I honestly don't know where to begin. December 23, 2009 turned my world upside down. My mom suffered a minor heart attack, and was taken by ambulance to Chandler Regional Hospital. When I arrived, she was in good shape, and she was talking. They ordered a CT Scan of her chest. When she got back to the ER from her test, every thing that could have gone wrong, did. She suffered another heart attack, this one was much worse. She was in-tubated and things were not looking very good for her. The next few days were spent waiting for tests to be run, consulting with Dr.s and praying. A lot of praying. We were finally told that she would need to undergo a quadruple bypass. There was a problem with that, because she was in critical condition. Her kidneys were failing, her blood pressure was to high, as was her blood sugar. And, she was to weak. The surgeon said that we would