Skip to main content

Frogs and snails and puppy-dog tails', that's what little boys are made of.






Ten years ago today, I was blessed with the addition of a little boy. It was no secret that I was nervous about having a son. I was more of the "Sugar and Spice and everything nice" kind of mom. The pink, the lace, the frill. Not so much the blue, the denim, the no frill. I was anxious for my sonogram appointment to find out just what sex my second child would be. We had not planned on a second child. After Kai was born, we had decided to just have the one. God had other plans for us.




For that appointment, I went by myself. Buddy was working in New Mexico and no one was available to go with me. It was very apparent that it was a boy. The sonogram tech told me immediately. I was silent, as many emotions ran through my head. Happiness, sadness, excitement, nervousness. Too many to process by myself. Before I called Buddy or anyone else for that matter, I sat by myself in the courtyard of the Dr.s office. I thought and I prayed. I'm not sure how long I sat there. When I finally stood up, I knew that this little guy was being sent to me for a reason. Every time that I got nervous about having this little boy, I would just take a deep breath, and know that it was going to be ok.


Because of the complications that I had when Kai was born, Nachito was a scheduled C-section. His due date was November 18th, and they scheduled his birth for November 8th. Ten days early. The surgery was fast, and easy. I was awake and alert the whole time. When they handed me this little guy, my world turned upside down. The love was instant. Kai bonded with Buddy, and I was a little jealous. Nachito was mine, all mine. From that moment on, I wanted no one to help me with him. I wanted to change all of his diapers, make all of his bottles, feed him, bath him, clothe him. He was destined to be a mommas boy.


He was a good and calm baby. He did walk at eight months, and that was terrifying. He was so little. As a toddler, he was mischievous. Our first summer in Chandler, we bought him and Kai a Winnie the Pooh sprinkler system. It had all these little hoses that would splash around and wet them. One morning, Buddy and I walked into our tv room to find Winnie sitting on the floor right smack in the middle of the tv room with the water hose attached to him. Buddy and I looked at each other and quickly Buddy lunged for the hose and bent it in half just in time. We stood there in shock. Then we look out and here comes this one and a half year old in his swim shorts. He walked in and put his hands on his hips and asked us "What happened?" So many similar stories in the past ten years. So many....


I thank God everyday for him. I think God knew what he was doing when he sent him to us. He is something else. He keeps us laughing and on our toes. He still gives me hugs and kisses before he goes to bed, and he still says I Love you to me every single day. Soon the girlfriends will start to come, but I know that I was the first one in his life. And thankfully, he's never found a Frog or a snail.















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

vous êtes conviés

Here are pictures of the invitations for Kassie's 13th Birthday party. I had so much fun making them. Hum...maybe because I used my three favorite colors, maybe because I like to make invitations, or maybe it's just because I LOVE to plan parties. Either way, here is a sneak peak. Sorry the pictures are so bad, my camera is dead and I used my phone.

Good things come to those who wait...

I was having one of those bad Mondays. One of those Mondays when everything seems to be going wrong. 1. Our phones at the office are not working. 2. Statements went out over the weekend and angry patients are calling to complain. 3. My coffee got cold and I had to throw it away, and now I have a caffeine headache. 4. My cell phone has been tied up all day because I'm having our calls forwarded to it. (good thing for rollover minutes). 5. My boss has just added two more things to my darker pink "TODO" notebook. And just as I was about to roll up in a ball and hide under my desk, I got this e-mail. Dear Kindle Customer, Today, we introduced Kindle 2, the next generation of our wireless reading device. Because you already ordered the original Kindle and are awaiting its arrival, we're pleased to inform you that we are upgrading your order so that you will receive the new Kindle 2. You will be in the first group to receive Kindle 2, and you will receive yours as soon as K

Where do I begin???

After a long absence from my blog, I am finally sitting down to post. So much has happened in the past month that I honestly don't know where to begin. December 23, 2009 turned my world upside down. My mom suffered a minor heart attack, and was taken by ambulance to Chandler Regional Hospital. When I arrived, she was in good shape, and she was talking. They ordered a CT Scan of her chest. When she got back to the ER from her test, every thing that could have gone wrong, did. She suffered another heart attack, this one was much worse. She was in-tubated and things were not looking very good for her. The next few days were spent waiting for tests to be run, consulting with Dr.s and praying. A lot of praying. We were finally told that she would need to undergo a quadruple bypass. There was a problem with that, because she was in critical condition. Her kidneys were failing, her blood pressure was to high, as was her blood sugar. And, she was to weak. The surgeon said that we would