Skip to main content

Nutcracker 2009

On December 22nd, Kai and the students at TDA performed The Nutcracker with the Moscow ballet once again. This was Kai's fifth year performing in this show. Every year, I always say that it's going to be her last year to do it. Not because she doesn't want to, not because she thinks that she is to good to do it. It's really because it always falls on a weekday close to Christmas, or right after Christmas. That means that I have to take time off of work during our busy days at the office. It's a whole day affair. Early arrival for costume fitting, then having to wait for the ballet dancers to arrive so that they can practice on stage. Sometimes time for dinner and then the show.
This year, Kai was a Butterfly. It was a very short role, but she was on Pointe and she loved that. And, she broke the tradition and was not an Angel again. I was sad about that. You can read my post about her being an Angel for four years in a row right here.
They don't usually allow pictures to be taken back stage, but this years costume mistress was not as mean as other years. Here are a few of the pictures I managed to take.
Besides The Nutcracker, it was also Holly's birthday. After the show, we all went to Holly and Mikes house to celebrate. Mike ordered her the best cake. I had to take a picture of it. Not only was it just cute to look at, but it was oh so good. It was made by Tammie Coe cakes, yes, the same lady that makes the scrumptious cupcakes that they sell at AJ's. So long Cake Cafe, you've been great to me for the past three years, but this cake really is better, and the price isn't to much more, well maybe just a little more, but oh so worth it.

And although Holly didn't get the chocolate with whip cream frosting cake that she wanted, she was still happy with this one. Note: It had a green grosgrain ribbon wrapped around the bottom that Mike took off because it looked to much like a Christmas cake. It was precious.

Comments

More Than Words said…
Oh my gosh, that cake looks awesome!!!!

Popular posts from this blog

vous êtes conviés

Here are pictures of the invitations for Kassie's 13th Birthday party. I had so much fun making them. Hum...maybe because I used my three favorite colors, maybe because I like to make invitations, or maybe it's just because I LOVE to plan parties. Either way, here is a sneak peak. Sorry the pictures are so bad, my camera is dead and I used my phone.

Good things come to those who wait...

I was having one of those bad Mondays. One of those Mondays when everything seems to be going wrong. 1. Our phones at the office are not working. 2. Statements went out over the weekend and angry patients are calling to complain. 3. My coffee got cold and I had to throw it away, and now I have a caffeine headache. 4. My cell phone has been tied up all day because I'm having our calls forwarded to it. (good thing for rollover minutes). 5. My boss has just added two more things to my darker pink "TODO" notebook. And just as I was about to roll up in a ball and hide under my desk, I got this e-mail. Dear Kindle Customer, Today, we introduced Kindle 2, the next generation of our wireless reading device. Because you already ordered the original Kindle and are awaiting its arrival, we're pleased to inform you that we are upgrading your order so that you will receive the new Kindle 2. You will be in the first group to receive Kindle 2, and you will receive yours as soon as K

Where do I begin???

After a long absence from my blog, I am finally sitting down to post. So much has happened in the past month that I honestly don't know where to begin. December 23, 2009 turned my world upside down. My mom suffered a minor heart attack, and was taken by ambulance to Chandler Regional Hospital. When I arrived, she was in good shape, and she was talking. They ordered a CT Scan of her chest. When she got back to the ER from her test, every thing that could have gone wrong, did. She suffered another heart attack, this one was much worse. She was in-tubated and things were not looking very good for her. The next few days were spent waiting for tests to be run, consulting with Dr.s and praying. A lot of praying. We were finally told that she would need to undergo a quadruple bypass. There was a problem with that, because she was in critical condition. Her kidneys were failing, her blood pressure was to high, as was her blood sugar. And, she was to weak. The surgeon said that we would